How to Create A GoldCard
HTC Phones made in early 2011 and prior require a ‘Goldcard’ in order for the user to downgrade and eventually root or unlock the phone. This is a simple guide with 13 easy to follow steps of how to make a Goldcard for your phone. I have taken the content from my original post at forum.xda-developers.com, and revised and updated the guide to give you more and easier options to be on the way to root your phone.
GUIDE – How To Create A GoldCard:
Preliminary Step: Take a deep breath, and be patient. This is a simple guide, but can be frustrating, especially if revskills is down. Any damage you do to your phone is your own responsibility, and will only happen if you aren’t patient or do not follow the steps properly.
1. Format the microSD card to FAT32. ***Note: THIS WILL WIPE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR SD CARD – make a backup first!
2. To find your CID:
***NOTE that you might need mmc1 or mmc0, depending on your SD card.
3. Write down the ‘Card:mmc2, Reverse CID’ value, making sure to use mmc2 and not mmc1 (unless your device requires otherwise)
4. Go to this page and follow the links to the goldcard generator page, then enter the reverse CID and follow the instructions (they will email you the goldcard img file)
NOTE: If the Revskills website is down (it often is) download gcard.exe and follow these instructions and type the following to generate your own goldcard.img:
1. Unpack gcard.exe to C:\gcard
2. Start CMD as administrator.
3. Type, then press ENTER after each command:
gcard.exe -r -c 00CA00E2EBD41C804732335553445303 -o Chiffinske.img (name it whatever you like)
If this doesn’t work – go to the original thread: [GUIDE] How To Make a Goldcard/Goldcard Generator and post a request for an image.
Be patient, someone will help you.
5. Launch HxD hex editor (download here) on your computer by right-clicking it and clicking ‘Run as Administrator’.
6. Mount your SD card to your computer – MAKE SURE IT IS FAT32 FORMATTED!
7. Go to ‘Extra’ menu > ‘Open Disk’
8. Select Removable Disk (which should be your SD card) under Physical Disk (NOT LOGICAL DISK!), uncheck ‘Open as Read-only’ and click OK.
9. Go to the ‘Extra’ > ‘Open Disk Image’ again and this time open the goldcard image that was sent to you.
10. Select ’512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)’ as the sector size when prompted and click ‘OK’.
11. In the goldcard image tab, go to ‘Edit’ > ‘Select All’ and then ‘Edit’ >’Copy’.
12. In the ‘Removable Disk’ tab, highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 including the 00000170 line and go to ’Edit’ menu > ‘Paste Write’.
13. Click ‘File’ > ‘Save’ and accept any warning that you get.
Congratulations – You now have a goldcard!
You can now downgrade your phone in order to flash custom ROMs
For more guides, tips news and info visit www.ajqi.com