How to GIT PUSH changes to Github and BitBucket Simultaneously
If you are using Github but you also need to keep a copy of your work in another Git Service Provider like BitBucket, follow the below steps.
Assuming you have created a new repo in BitBucket.
- Open root directory of your project in the terminal
- Run this command
git remote -v show
- It will show the GIT repo for Fetch and Push actions for Github
- Now, run this command
git remote set-url origin –add https://<USERNAME>:<PASSWORD>@bitbucket.org/<USERNAME>/<REPO>.git
- When you check again (git remote -v show) the BitBucket repo is also added for the action Push. Check the reference image attached below.
- When you git push, your code is pushed to both Github and BitBucket Repositories
- You can also check the config file of the mentioned changes in your root directory of your repository